Friary Ironworks is a small engineering and craft business. John Cavanagh and his wife Noreen jointly own the Business.
As stated, Friary Ironworks is a family business, which, in its current form, is in existence over 25 years. Initially this family 'Blacksmith business' was established in 1890 by John's grandfather. The Cavanagh name has been associated with the manufacture of iron products such as road furniture, playground equipment and farm machinery for over 100 years. It has a long and proud tradition of servicing the needs of local communities as well as international markets.
This site has been developed with grant assistance made available by the Tipperary North County Enterprise Board Ltd. funded by the Irish Government and part-financed by the European Union under the National Development Plan, 2000-2006